In order to deliver on the NRF’s key mandate of producing high quality doctoral graduates, the infrastructure funding instruments, within the framework of the National System of Innovation (NSI) focus on the following objectives:
- Providing competitive grants for the acquisition, development and up-grade of enabling infrastructure including state-of-the-art research equipment and National Research Facilities,
- Ensuring access to research equipment and facilities through equipment related travel and training grants, and
- Undertaking of strategic research projects in areas such as nanotechnology.
By addressing these objectives, the infrastructure instruments are able to:
- Improve the quality of research;
- Expand the capacity, research and training; and
- Promote collaborations nationally and interantionally in line with national research priorities.
|NATIONAL NANOTECHNOLOGY EQUIPMENT PROGRAMME||
|NATIONAL EQUIPMENT PROGRAMME||
|NANOTECHNOLOGY FLAGSHIP PROJECTS||
|SYNCHROTON CAPACITY BUILDING FUND||
|EQUIPMENT RELATED TRAVEL AND TRAINING GRANTS||
|INFRASTRUCTURE BRIDGING PROGRAMME||